Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Thinking About Nothing Special

I sat in my garden and watched the skies. I saw nothing but clouds, and some blue fragments of the never-ending universe. Some birds, on the edge of their life were hovering below all this. I watched the skies and I thought about nothing special. I thought, I just sit here ignoring the fact that my body is dying since the day I exist. I’m like the birds in the skies. I just live my life until it’s over.

Vaguely I noticed the sound of rustling trees and I thought, the trees do the same without thinking about it. Then I started to wonder how I could be so sure trees cannot think. Right. How can I be so sure? I’m not God. I’m an atheist who seeks for answers and if I seek for them I start to pray.

Listen, I sat in my garden and watched the skies, thinking about nothing special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*. I’m an atheist who seeks for answers and if I seek for them I start to pray.* What a wonderful line! You are such an enigma to me. I think I love/hate you.

Buter said...

Steve, thank you so much for your words. Let me brighten up the enigma for you, and listen carefully: "I’m an atheist who seeks for answers and if I seek for them I start to pray."

Don't we all have an enigma to crack? :)