Thursday, March 17, 2005

Are You Lonely?


This Is A Chapter Of My Room At Night. Picture: Daphne Buter. Posted by Hello

Last night I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t know where to go so I stayed at home. The room around me was as a big granite womb and it iced my blood. I walked over to the window and gazed into the darkness and it iced my eyes. The space around the house as a big arctic sky and it iced my mind. The universe was around everything as a big black hole and it iced my heart, and I was afraid I might die sooner than expected.
Then, out of nothing, I heard a voice singing “can you feel it?”
First I thought it was the voice of a banshee, but it was the tune of a mobile phone. When I answered the call, there was no one who spoke. I didn’t know what to do, so, I said: ‘Are you lonely?’ Then the connection was broken.

I think it was just one of those nights someone was trying to tell me nothing.

No comments: