Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Men In Our Family And Their Use Of Electricity

One day my grandfather bought a new electric saw. My grandmother had complained for years about chalky nails on the toes of her feet. My grandfather used his new electric saw to get rid of the chalky nails on my grandmother’s toes and I can assure you my grandmother didn’t enjoy this treatment.

While touching the heating elements, my father said that the second hand ceramic oven he had just bought me, didn’t fucking work, but hell it did. It's the only time I have ever seen my father flying like mister David Copperfield.

This morning my husband said our refrigerator looked dirty and he wanted to clean it. I told him if he wanted to clean our refrigerator he first had to take the plug out of the electrical outlet, but my husband said, aggravated, he fucking knew what he was doing. So, he started cleaning our fridge with a lot of water, until I heard the big bang.

4 comments:

buck said...

what a great image!

"...the only time I have ever seen my father flying like mister David Copperfield" and a good setup for that last paragraph.

great stuff, daphne.

Bev Jackson said...

umm, Daphne, exactly what was that bang? Are you still married?

Bev Jackson said...

Where are you, Daphne? I miss you.

Buter said...

Thanks bevjackson. I don't know where I am. I miss myself too. My PC crashed some time ago. I lost Photoshop and since then I'm lost in being bored. :)