Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bird Of Chalk



Once I made a drawing on a blackboard at school. I must have been maybe seven years old. It was a drawing of a bird. A huge bird with a long beak. I shall never forget that bird. I shall never forget all the other kids said how beautiful the bird was. I knew this bird was a part of me. All the colours and the hungry wings spread out… It came out me and there it was. Free as a bird of chalk.
When the teacher came in she was real angry with me. She obeyed me to take the brush and she made me wipe out the bird. The bird became powder. The powder fell onto to floor and the bird became dust. The bird disappeared for ever from the blackboard, it had to vanish from there, but it never disappeared back into me. Once things come out, they cannot go back where they come from completely.

6 comments:

Stan said...

Such is life... and we are all birds of chalk swirling together in the end. Friends bound by the commonality of our experiences. We live and we love and we disappear

Roeland said...

Daphne, you are one of the birds that never disappear, for me. Missed you for a long time. Glad you are back?

Loetje de Casari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hallo Daphne!

We zijn op zoek naar je.

Het planet.nl adres lijkt niet te werken.

Kun je mij contacten op ronald@eurobloque.com?

Groetjes en een kus,

Ronald van Zijl.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Thats exactly like the world -
the world's like a bird-of-chalk:
flimsy, superfluous and passing-away.
Jesus, I pray You will help her Home.
This will most proooo'bly help:
TurnOrBerni
blogspo
com
Love you.
Cya soon.
be@peace.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

TurnOrBernie
I mean...